Thursday, June 30, 2011

Job Interviews

After long agonizing days of searching the deep ends of the will of God, baking several loaves of banana bread, and at least 10 turkey sandwiches, I have come to a grand conclusion.... I am going to wait tables for a while longer. I know, I know, it is technically not a "career job" in the way that most of corporate America defines career. BUT I stumbled upon a dawning revelation yesterday... We are saving money to move to Tennessee. That is what we had decided before we even moved in to our new place. So if we are saving money to move to Tennessee and not necessarily planting deep roots here, AND I haven't gotten much of a leading from the Lord about what to do or what not to do then this is my conclusion: I am doing something. So yesterday morning I woke up craving the structure and consistantcy of a job. I had actually been dreading the idea of job hunting and resume writing after our month and a half nightmare of job hunting. The idea of being rejected OR even worst not called back at all was just not at the top of my list. But somewhere in the depths of confusion God lit the pilot light under my ass and I wrote up a simple resume (which my english major husband kindly revised) and filled out 2 online applications. One of them was to some City Club (like a country club with no golf course) and the other to Del Friscos Steakhouse (which i thought was a shot in the dark for sure) Some of those higher end steakhouses shy away from hiring female servers, it's just a fact of life. Especially in big cities! But low and behold the Lord had mercy, and BOTH places called me back asking for interviews today, no joke. I was pretty shocked. The Del Friscos interview is this afternoon, and the City Club one is in the morning. So I guess I'm slowly but surely climbing up the steak latter if I get this job. So here I go, off to interview #1, I'll tell you how it goes later.

No comments: