Thursday, June 16, 2011

Love the one you're with

I have been trying to make it a point to continue this blog as of late, with the encouragement of my husband. He says that I should keep record of our early on marital experiences and learning curves, along with the much needed revelation that seems to come pouring in soon afterward. If we are willing to listen and humble ourselves, that is. It is crazy how life is more about our change of perspective than our change of circumstances.

I experienced this after a particularly terrible Monday of unfruitful house hunting that ended with me in tears, and a husband that had no idea what to do or how to handle his emotionally exhausted wife. What to do, what to do! When I hit walls, my natural instinct is to shut down and not talk, even though it is obvious that I am clearly not okay. (This is not a good habit to carry by the way, and particularly not a good one to continue to carry in to your new marriage)

To make a long story short, I woke up the next morning and it had been MUCH apparent that people had been praying for us. There was a light yoke that had not previously existed in the following week. I started to realize that my frustration with the situation was quickly going to cause division between my husband and myself if I didn't calm my ass down! It was starting to sink in that life is going to be FULL of trying situations where I was going to be constantly faced with the decision to act in love, or to react in frustration (that will quickly turn in to anger if I am not careful). I decided to put the situation back in to God's hands, and have joy in the moment and enjoy the husband that God had so graciously put in my life. And since that moment, we have had FUN. We have been so enjoying each other, and just making the most of the situation. So my advice when you are going through things you have no control over? Do everything you know you can do, and when it hits the point where you have no control, trust the Lord and just love the one you're with!

No comments: