Monday, February 16, 2009

Slow burning flames

Well yay hurray for today. It has been quite good so far. I woke up at 9 in the morning after going to bed at like 3 in the morning, and contemplated going to the gym. Then I contemplated going back to sleep. Sleep won. I got out of bed at 11:30 and ate some apples and yogurt, then cleaned the bathroom to the point of perfection. Then I tackled my car, and half of my room. Then I clipped coupons and ate some of the soup Emily made, which was super good. Now I'm full and about to get ready for work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an excerpt from an older blog that I wrote. I thought this was cool. God gave me this a few months ago.

"Sit before the Word, and begin to let it wash over you." And this probably seems like such an obvious thing to do, but its amazing how quickly we can forget how powerful just sitting before His word is. Its so solid, so unchanging.. And as I began to do this, I have been tapping in to that well of life. I can't say its flowing full force, but I am beginning to feel a burning starting to take place like when you first light a fire. But this time I'm not so much after the huge flames that happen when you first light a bonfire. Those are the flames that quickly burn out. The fire I'm after is what happens when it has been burning for hours in a campfire, and those logs become that really intense, really hot, really hard to put out kind. They are steady and solid, and roast the best marshmallows. They may not be the most loud and flamboyant, or spitting out massive amounts of smoke.. But they are in there, and they are producing a slow, steady heat. I'm thinking this is a good thing."

No comments: