Friday, January 23, 2009

My Week



     I am laying in bed in a literal sugar coma, I think. Deborah and I had omlets and those hazelnut pirouette thingys, and I don't plan on moving from my current position for several hours (the horizontal position, that is) So what can I tell you about the week long gap imbetween blogs... Hmmmmmmmmmph....
     Last Saturday I drove (on kind of a whim) out to the Wilmington area to see one of my best friends, Casey. We hung out in her little town, and painted the laundry room in the house shes getting ready to move in to. I was very thankful to see her, even if it was only for a day or so. On Sunday morning I drove in to Wilmington to the church where the Carr's were leading worship, to be with them for about 3 days. It was so good to be there with them, on so many levels. There was a peace that seemed to rest on me after about a day or so of being there with them. A complete lack of striving, and sense of belonging. There was no Ft. Hell swirl going on, just the real deal. No "what are you doing with your life questions" or any of that... I think I started to really understand that what I do is not who I am, and once I start getting that, all guards and defenses come off, and I don't have to protect myself.. not that it works that well anyway... (or maybe its that its worked too well for too long, and its just not a healthy thing) so I started to notice a change in myself over that 3 days that no matter what was going on, I didn't feel the need to strive, that I could just BE... It was such a huge relief.  Which brings me back.... to.... 
     Ft. Hell... What the heck am I still doing here?  I'm not quite sure, but I'm asking and waiting on God about it, and really hoping He checks His email soon. Haha.. I am a little over the familiarity of all of it, and really want to be somewhere that feels new again.  So well see what happens... Im not like super unhappy or anything... I just feel unfulfilled on so many levels, and disconnected... But whatever, well see.. I'm ready for some adventure... So Lord, your will be done...
     Em is coming to live with us for a few months on Tuesday. I'm excited to see her, and see what the next few months unfolds for us. My brain is retarded right now, so Ill write more later on when I can give you a better synopsis.. Grace and peace to you all!

1 comment:

Lora said...

love the pictures!