Sunday, September 14, 2008

Industry and Fire

Well, here I am... Still in bed at noon on Sunday with no great expectations of getting up soon.. Its one of those days where I'm going to be at work until all hours of the night, so I've decided to just lay here.. Productive, I know.. But maybe slightly necessary. I have a bit to process with the Lord that I have been covering up in recent weeks, and if He wants to speak, I want to listen. I came to the realization last night, that I have to get out of this industry soon. My nights are all sucked away in to the abyss of the food service industry. And it has nothing to do with me liking or not liking it. I actually (unlike alot of people i know) love waiting tables. I love it where I do it especially. I love the challenge of selling good wine and causing my tables to try new things.. I love being able to convince someone that "if they order the top sirloin, they're gonna go home regretting not ordering the ribeye..." Its really cool to get sat a table that is in a really badass mood, and be able to completely turn their night around.. Make them smile.. And the money has always been not only good money, but QUICK money.. I mean its been slow lately, but the economy always boosts back up eventually.......... So whats my beef with this industry? Its just dang hard.. It has an entire culture that goes along with it..  It is very hard to work from 4-11 most nights, and then come straight home and go to bed.. I mean, its just not going to happen... So you create a community within the culture that you're placed.. And sometimes it is awesome, and you get to see God do amazing things... and then sometimes its really rough.. You know, when you're in Rome do as the Romans do.. Im not saying to do this.. Im just saying.... Ya know what Im sayin? So I guess if Im going to stay in this industry, Im going to have to set up some serious boundries as to when and where I spend my time.. I woke up this morning and really realized that (and had been for weeks.) 
Other than work, I've been dry as a freakin haystack spiritually for weeks now.. I don't view this as a bad thing anymore. I see it as positioning to ignite in to flames.. And I want to be lit up in the worst way possible at this very moment.. So this is my plea for you to light me up again, God.. If you'll light me, I'll burn..

No comments: