Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh yeah, baby!

Well, it has definitely been an action packed few days.  Lora had the baby late Saturday night at 11:56... So amazing.. The timing and everything.. Its really amazing how God's timing is completely perfect.  Leo had been saying for days and days (he's 2 1/2) that the baby would be born on Saturday, and that it would be a boy.. Now on Lora's end, thinking about the baby coming on Saturday was like waiting an eternity.. Even on my end, I was watching and thinking, "Man, I would have gotten induced already..." But looking back on the week, the timing was amazing.. Little Joseph is perfect.. Innocent, helpless, dependent.. All he really does is eat and sleep and cry.. It is so fun to hold him and try and figure out how to get him to stop crying.. They don't come with instruction manuals, you know.. When it says to raise up a child in the way he should go, it doesn't come with fine print that explains how to differentiate the "feed me" cry from the "change me" cry from the "just hold me" cry... It is the beauty of discovering who they are as an individual son or daughter to figure out how to attend to their individual needs... It blows my mind to think about.. it is sweet to watch and learn in preparation for the day that I get to differentiate my own baby's several ringtones, and how to respond to each of them.. So I'm having fun with the process.. And am loving this new little life that has only been here for like 48 hours... More later.. Have a lovely night to all...

No comments: