Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Faith

I am remembering how much God loves the prayer of faith. "The substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things unseen." It is a beautiful and yet mysterious thing. I have seen Him so honor this cry in my life over and over and over and over. I don't think that it has a whole lot to do with me, seeing as He breathed the very desire in me from the get go. But it is an honor and a privilege to get to partake in watching Him move in the lives of the brokenhearted. He loves to show Himself as the tender father, as the one that would much rather pour out mercy and love on sons and daughters than be a strict judge. And yet we cannot control Him---this is where I get tripped up many times. Where things aren't done on my timetable. But really His timing is much better.
I am starting to understand more clearly over the last few days that the enemy is interested in destroying life in the womb. He will take any direct or sneaky or pretty much ANY hit he can take. Hardened hearts, fibroid cysts... Anything to destroy the seed. I have been blinded many, many times by the view of our nation and children. But the truth is, God loves life, and he hates abortion. In AND out of the womb. He hates when we abort things in the spirit... When we abort the purposes of God in the spirit. I am starting to get a little piece of His heart on this this morning. This is heavy stuff, but I am so encouraged at the moment, because anything you ask according to the will of the Father, and it will be done. And it is our inheritance as sons and daughters of divine promise... We are His purchased posession. He is constantly dreaming over us, and believing for us, making intercession before the throne for us all the time, always going after the one...
I wanted to conclude this with my thoughts on fathering. I know we have this teaching in the church sometimes that we have to have spiritual fathering (in the flesh) and good fathering growing up to have even a SHOT of being functional and living a life and being a healthy person. I used to believe that this was true. I no longer believe in that theory, because there are so many kids in the world that have no one to father them but Jesus, and He is able to be everything, and to carry anyones hearts through anything. "He who puts his hope in Him will never be put to shame." It is His love and the delight of His heart to father... Have a lovely day guys :)

No comments: